Friday, June 19, 2015

Why you should send and recieve FBs if you love penpalling



FBs in penpal lingo has nothing to do with Facebook but is an older - and much simpler - form of communication. FBs are Friendship Books - which, as the name states, are books that can help you get new friends, swap partners or penpals - sounds great right?

Still, to some people Friendship books are annoying and 'in the way'. They feel they are chain mail and get annoyed when their penpals pass them on to them. Ofcourse you should always respect your penpals wishes but I want to tell you a few reasons why Friendship Books are actually pretty awesome if you like penpalling :-)



Free art for your letters
FBs come in all shapes and sizes and many of them have themes. When composing eg. a letter with a yellow theme simply shift through your FBs and see if you have a few with the same color theme. If so, pop them in your penpals envelope and brighten their day with a piece of free art :-)

Get to know new people
The FB is filled with adresses on people who share your interest: Penpalling! Yay! Read through the FBs - many people are great at adding a few words about themselves. Sometimes the image they add to their label will give away that they are starwars fans, love gardening etc. If they write: NPW it means New Pals Wanted and then you are just one letter away from a potential new penpal. How awesome is that?

Get the word out
FBs are a cool and unusual way of giving a shout out to a big but unknown audience.I always add this blog adress to my labels and if I am looking for new penpals, or new swap pals I write it on the label - I actually get pretty good response on this.



What do you think about FBs?

2 comments:

  1. I love FB's!! Especially the neat and high quality ones. Nowadays, I pretty much am thinking about just swapping N&N (Nice and Neat) and HQ (High Quality) FB's. It's wonderful to get such pretty things in my mailbox. I don't have penpals anymore, but I swap with some pretty amazing girls all over the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana! I love the magic of opening my mailbox discovering what wonders it holds for me today... Finding it empty leaves me with a powty face and I feel like a 7-year-old dissapointed girl :-p FBs are a great way to fill your mailbox.

      Delete